Thursday, January 8, 2009

First prenatal yoga class

So this afternoon I had my first prenatal yoga class. I've been doing a regular (Iyengar) yoga class for the past three years and will continue to do so, but thought it might be nice to add a class specifically for and with pregnant women. I must say it was completely different from anything I'm used to in my regular yoga class. I think I like the activities/postures of the Iyengar class a lot better (at least for the moment, this might change as I get further along in my pregnancy) - this prenatal class is more like I imagined yoga classes to be like until about five years ago when I was completely not into yoga and I would rather go sweat it out in the gym...

But besides that it was pretty good (even though I almost fainted because I was showing off too much in the beginning and I was now doing excercises during my usual nap time...) and nice to be away from my computer screen for an hour. I also liked being just with other pregnant women - and it was a very small group: only 6 women, of which most were much further along with their pregnancy then me, so some beautiful big bellies.

So I paid for 10 classes and will go back next week. And in 30 minutes I will go to my other yoga class. Bit weird that they're both on Thursday, but oh, well, that's how it is (not much choice in yoga classes in this city).

No comments: